Goddard Cowboys Shooting Categories
- PIKE BISHOP Class – Similar to SASS Wild Bunch!
- Duelist – one handed
- Black Powder
- Working Cowboy – one pistol, one rifle
- Range Detective – two pistols, one rifle
- 49er – ages 49-59
- Senior – ages 60-80
- Super Senior – Ages 80 and older
- Gunfighter – two pistols alternating
- *Rifleman – two rifles
- *Josie Wales – 4 pistols
- Double Deuce – Two .22 Pistols, One .22 Rifle, Shotgun 410 or Larger
- Single Deuce – One .22 Pistol, One .22 Rifle, Shotgun 410 or Larger (We also offer .22 classes for Working Cowboy and Range Detective)
- 2021 NOTE: Because of the ammo situation we now allow .22 caliber pistols and rifles and .410 shotgun in all categories. It’s more important that you do shoot than what you shoot. 😉
- Outlaw – everything from the hip
- Shotgun Slade – using repeating shotguns (pumps or lever actions) and rounds will be loaded at the loading table just like rifles are.
- Juniors – 14-17 years old – .22’s or 410’s are OK
- Buckaroos – under 14 years old (no hand guns) – .22’s or 410’s are OK
- Crippled Cowboy – All safety rules apply but shoot the stage however you can with whatever firearms you can safely handle. (This category is for folks with a temporary disability.)
Don't see a category that works for you?
10172 N. 19th Ave. W., Colfax, IA 50054
Take Colfax, Iowa Exit #155 and go North on Hwy 117 to the first crossroads after Van Wall Equipment (the John Deere Store). This is N 19th Ave. W. Turn right (east) and go approximately 1 mile. The range will be on the left (north) side of the road. If you get to a crossroads (W 100th St. N.) you went to far.